The Preview version seems to be less aggressive than the previous versions. But I noticed the folder C:\Documents and Settings\<username>\Local Settings\Application Data\Microsoft\Desktop Search\Logs was full of log files indicating errors in the Notes add-in.
Seems I wasn't the only one. Read this.
- From the Start menu, click Run, type regedit.exe and press Enter
- In the registry editor, navigate to HKLM\Software\Microsoft, right click and create a new WindowsSearchPreview key.
- Right-click HKLM\Software\Microsoft\ WindowsSearchPreview, add a new REG_DWORD value LogLevel.NotesPHLog, and set it to 4
- Open a Command Window (Start->Run->cmd.exe, ENTER)
- In the command window, type: net stop wsearch
- Press Enter, then type: net start wsearch and press Enter again.
- Remove the logs from C:\Documents and Settings\<username>\Local Settings\Application Data\Microsoft\Desktop Search\Logs.