The best instructions I have found are here. I have cleaned up the language a little. This is for Windows 10 1507 so the screens may be slightly different.
- Firstly, setup another admin account so that you have a way in if things go wrong.
- Next, save all your work because it may lock your mouse/screen and won't let you save your work at the end of this process.
- Then, go to your start button
- Go up to the top and click on your profile name/account
- Then click "change account settings"
- In the "your account" tab, just above your account picture there will be an option to select a button saying "log on using local account" or "change log on to local account" (something along these lines)
- Click this and it will give you an opportunity to (from now on) log onto your computer using a new password that IS NOT linked to your Hotmail or Microsoft account.
- Then when you use the admin as the account name, it will complain that the account is already in use. So use a different name, say tmp.
- It will ask you to save your work and logout (but may not give you a chance to save. Proceed to finish the process/logout.
- Now login to an admin account (either the new "tmp" account if it was administrator or the other one that you created).
- Go to control panel, user accounts and eventually find the setting to rename an account.
- Rename the tmp account (now delinked from online account) back to the name it was.
- Logout and back in.
- You are set.
Post a Comment