My trusty Treo 650 is getting long in the tooth.
Over the holidays, I was googling around and found that RIM supported Blackberry Connect on the Motorola Q9h by AT&T. Then a little research on the AT&T site and I was off to the nearest corporate AT&T store.
The sales representative there was good. She didn't know everything but what she didn't know, she knew who did and got in touch with them.
I left there with a shiny new Motorola Q9h. The BlackBerry Connect loaded over the air (OTA) and pretty quick with the 3G network! The BlackBerry Connect did an enterprise activation OTA and even supported my company's BES policies.
Windows Mobile 6.1 was much nicer than Windows Mobile 5 on the iPaq hx2115. Turns out it was lipstick on the pig though.
The Moto Q9h was fun to play with. Until...
When I was showing it off to my co-workers, it started locking up. The keys wouldn't respond to anything and you had to pop the battery out to restart it.
After 3 or 4 times in the first 2 weeks, I posted on the great forums at everythingq.com. I got a sinking feeling in my stomach when one of the "gurus" responded "it just sounds like you're trying to do too many things at once."
The next post suggested a master reset which was a good idea. I got my act together and did this the next weekend.
It was rock solid for a week. But by the next weekend, it locked up 3 times in 3 days.
On the 29th day, the Moto Q9h went back to AT&T for ... (stay tuned).