I pulled it out recently and ran Windows Check for updates. Surprisingly it didn't offer Windows 10 2004. It doesn't run Storage Spaces so I thought it would be ready to upgrade.
So I took a backup, went to Microsoft's Download Center and clicked on "Update now".
The Asus isn't very fast so it chugged away for a while. Then it suddenly finished with a cryptic error: "Windows Update will offer this version of Windows 10 automatically when these settings are supported."
I put this string into Google and came across this article on Winaero.
There is a problem determination step and then a workaround.
Look in C:\$WINDOWS~BT\Sources\Panther folder for the a file that whose name ends with HumanReadable.xml. See if it calls out OneDrive. (What the hell is the "Panther" folder? and "HumanReadable" as a file name? Come on, Microsoft!)
If it does, then:
- Uninstall OneDrive. Open Settings > Apps > Apps and features.
- Find Microsoft OneDrive in the list of the installed apps on the right.
- Click on the Uninstall button.
- This will remove OneDrive from your current Windows version.
- Upgrade your Windows to Windows 10 version 2004.
- Install OneDrive. You can download the official client software from Microsoft.
Done. Upgraded. Frustrated.
I don't recommend rushing into Windows 10 2004.
I stub my toe so you don't have to.